Game 13: @ San Jose St

SJSU is not Quad 1 or 2.

Oh believe me, I know :wink:

1 Like

No.They are not ā€¦. They are quad 3. NET RANK 169.
No bueno.

These turnovers are absolutely infuriating

3 Likes

Has Oā€™Neil made a shot tonight? At what point do they sit him and give someone else time?

1 Like

I think he made 1 3-pointer

Itā€™s not the refsā€¦ itā€™s the coach.

1 Like

Poor game plan, poor execution, oh and poor defense.

3 Likes

Losing to SJSU is just terrible.

2 Likes

+11 points off turnovers for SJSU. I have a feeling that Santa Clara could win a few of these if they didnā€™t give free points away all the time.

1 Like

Embarrassing lossā€¦absolutely awful

4 Likes

+11? I thought it was much more than that

23 to 12. So +11 net for SJSU.

ah, net points off turnovers

Diogue had 3 fouls at halftimeā€¦why didnā€™t Herb call some isolation plays to force Diogue into possible fouls early in the second half?

Another ugly loss.

Turnovers, poor shot selection, and mediocre defense, especially on the perimeter. I guess itā€™s nice to win the rebounding battle, but then again Montana came in here and almost doubled up the Spartans on the boards.

For all the additions to this roster, what the team really needed was a PG like Cardenasā€” he went through whoever was guarding him like a knife through butter.

4 Likes

unfortunately a lack of floor general and ability to read the pick and roll consistently will be the teams reason for not reaching its ultimate potential, to this point at least

3 Likes

Sendek is 3-4 vs. SJSU.
Keating was 8-1.
Davey, 2 losses in 15seasons (quick scanā€¦I think he was 12-2, didnā€™t play SJSU one season).

1 Like

Definitely concur with this.

Agree.
I like Knapper and I think heā€™s a capable contributor in a more limited role but heā€™s not the 30+ minute a game answer at PG, at least not yet.
And as others have said, Bal isnā€™t the answer either, square peg, round hole. He can bring the ball up off a defensive rebound or turnover occasionally but heā€™s best being a play making wing, not playing PG 20+ mins a game. A bit like trying to make Tre Wertz a PGā€¦mixed results at best.

Oddlyā€¦recruiting a true PG has been an achilles heel in Sendekā€™s recruiting. Tried with Benjamin but hasnā€™t worked so far. The best true PG in Sendekā€™s tenure was KJ Feagin, a Keating holdover. Beyond that you have PJ Pipes for one season. Carlos Stewart really wasnā€™t a PGā€¦more a combo guard. I wouldnā€™t call Podz a true PG eitherā€¦also a combo guard and shared ball handling duties with Stewart. Already mentioned Wertzā€¦also not a PG. Christian Carlyleā€¦nope, played the wing before coming to SCU.

4 Likes