Game 13: @ San Jose St

I agree with you PattyMac. I just think Benjamin is the best of the bunch at getting the ball in the right hands in the right position. I agree with you concerning his man to man D.

In the end I think Herb is staunch in his ways. He’s gonna force Bal to be point and play man D like 99% of the time (neither of which benefits this squad from my perspective).

1 Like

I think we’ll see more of McEldon. He’s deceptively quick on his feet and very alert defensively.

3 Likes

McEldon is definitely the revelation from the frosh so far. It’s very exciting to see but unfortunately doesn’t address the main problem (though perhaps he can help keep the other team off the boards which is a problem).

Re: Hammond – I think you’re right, 92, in that he’s not really a true PG. That said, he’s a frosh and can more easily be told, “this is the hole that needs to be filled. Learning to play PG is your ticket to playing time both this year and next when Bal and Bryan are still around.” He actually has time to adapt and, hopefully, the skills needed to do so. SCU doesn’t need another combo guard this season not likely will it next season (remember that Mahi is coming). Hammond’s chance to see the floor is either to be better than the existing 2/3 guards (hard) or learn to be the primary ball handler (not easy, but likely much easier than option 1).

1 Like

Son’s best friend is a Aztec so we took him to the SJSU-San Diego St game last night. After seeing them soundly beat the Zags in Spokane a couple weeks ago, i was expecting a blow out. Very well played, intense, and super physical. Close all game (biggest leads were 7 and 4) and it took a great block by SDSU to not go overtime. I agree with most of you, Miles is an excellent coach. I predict his record will be bad this year as the Mountain West is stacked but his progress is undeniable

6 Likes