Minutes played

You’ve been banned and gone through 15+ screen names on these boards. Quit acting like you have an ounce of credibility or any concern for the SCU program.

Flagged as inappropriate and off topic.

guys, trust me, just put your undesirables on ignore.

if a 'noob blabbers in the ether, and there’s no one there to read it, then does it even matter? the answer is a resounding no.

1 Like

Sold…. Now where do I find the ignore button?

Never mind… stumbled my way to the ignore forever option.
Thanks for the idea buckets.

glad you found it. just posted a screenshot of how to do it for anyone else who wants to know how.

Basically, go to Preferences → Notifications → Users

Wow…such thin skins.

On a board with like 10 active users, you have to go blocking people.

Says a lot more about you than me.

But, whatever. I’m certainly not losing out on anything.

Given this very public drama show, surely we can say there is no reason at all that either of the above posters should have my name in their posts now, yes? Any reference to me would be an obvious attempt at trolling and trying to get a reaction, since they have made clear they have me blocked. So they wouldn’t even know what I’m saying.

So it seems logical to me that any reference to me from them would be a bannable offense.

Thanks buckets,
tired of having the inmate run the asylum

1 Like

So it’s cool to call me an inmate now, is it?

Mods? Is this going to be considered acceptable behavior of posters toward each other?

Interesting that in the course of one thread this account has gone from brand new to “tired of” anything. Very interesting indeed.

Also interesting that there always seems to be someone at the ready to jump down my throat, but when it goes the other way, it a very slow play if anything happens at all.

Two sets of rules, as it has been and as it seemingly ever will be.

I should have just pretended to be an SCU alum from the start. That would have completely changed the course of the last several years here.

1 Like

Hey Gentlemen…and ladies for those that are also on her. This was the primary reason that I was reluctant to join after viewing the drama that was on ongoing with the VC chatroom. I don’t know a single person on here personally, but it just seems rather sad and pointless with the bickering. I know that we all want to see the SCU bball program flourish and return to national prominence, and I have no doubt that everyone on here is a pretty decent person whether we agree or not. We’re not curing cancer, so maybe a little perspective for us all. Go Broncos!

4 Likes

Well said. I do not mind respectful argument, but the name calling is immature and uncalled for. You can respectfully disagree but should not disrespectfully disagree. I have sat back somewhat entertained by all of this but grown tired of the insults. Frankly I do not care if Howard used to be “noob”. I personally enjoy most of what he says as well as i enjoy most of what his detractors say. And Howard too has been disrespectful in many of his responses. This should be a fellowship of fans free to speak respectfully to each other and not some sort of watering contest. Go Broncos!

2 Likes

Totally agree.

I’m probably the most positive (or one of) about the program on here. I don’t get it.

I expect this kind of insularity when I go back to where I grew up in rural America. Not on a very small basketball message board for a school in one of the more progressive locations in the country.

1 Like

I haven’t campaigned to get people to ignore/block anyone.

I guess I’m supposed to be a punching bag and just let people say whatever they want about me.

Heck most of my responses lately to personal attackers have been “reported” and no more, because I’ve found it pointless to engage further (thus far it’s also been pointless to report bc nothing has been done with any of it as far as I can see).

I don’t see how that’s disrespectful.

1 Like

“i won’t elaborate bc either you remember or you don’t and you don’t seem inclined to care.”

I take this as a personal slap at my character which i do not appreciate nor do I appreciate you referring to the Louisiana Tech center as “the fat guy” He has a name.

Tongues mom here. He gets a foul every three minutes because WCC is a softer contact game than East Coast. East Coast and West Coast ball is different.

My kid turned down high major ball hoping to come make an impact. Sadly it is not turning out that way. I like the coaching staff. They seem knowledgeable enough - but sometimes it is just not the right fit. (But please don’t imply my son was not ready. You are not 2nd in your State and 7th in New England and not ready).

Interestingly enough - the MOST minutes he got this preseason was against the pro team. They were beating us up first half - so Cam was utilized a lot second half when we actually outplayed the pros. (I am sure his grit had a lot to do with that).

Sadly, I foresee another season of few minutes for Cam. It kills me because he works hard and really wanted to rise to the challenge.

Im leaning toward Santa Clara might just not be a good fit. Cam is that guy who helps facilitate the offense by finding the open man, (he lead in assists in HS by getting guys to crash on him inside then kicking out to the 3) he plays defense, gets you rebounds, second opportunities and put backs.

Ill ride this season out. See how it unfolds. Make decisions at end of season. Im not too hopeful for my sons future here. But, on the bright side - the team as a whole is looking pretty good.

Go Broncos. Rant over.

'Femme-
First, thanks for being willing to share and post here.

My quick take on Camaron…he has a nice combination of size and athleticism, physically was already up to the task when he arrived on campus last year. We don’t often land kids with that combo of size and athletic ability and when we do they are usually pretty raw skills wise which isn’t really the case with Camaron, he already has some of the skills you’re looking for in a frontcourt player both inside and from the perimeter.

The challenge I see for Camaron and some of the other younger guys is this…this is one of the deeper Bronco rosters I’ve seen in a long time. There’s a lot of competition for PT. There’s not much drop off in ability from the starters or rotation guys compared to the later part of the roster (say #8 -13 guys). Sendek like many coaches tends to play about a 8 to 9 man rotation, occasionally 10 but those guys who the 8th to 10th in the rotation are typically getting less than 10mins/game, sometimes just a token 3-4 mins. That means the bottom 6 guys on the roster (#8 through 13) are not playing at all or just playing token minutes. Unfortunately, that means some talented guys with potential and ability may not be happy with their PT.

Drilling down in to the roster and minutes, I view it this way…we have 5 guys who are 4th or 5th year experienced players who have all been starters or got consistent rotation guys (Justice, Bediako, Braun, Marshall, Giordan), plus 2nd year Carlos Stewart who was consistently in the rotation last year and is likely to start at pt guard this year. Then you have a 2nd year transfer in Podz who was a 4start recruit, transferred from a high level P6 Illinois and led the team in scoring in each game in the Euro tour and seems to have proven he can score and needs to be on the court. That’s 7 guys who seem locks to start or be rotation guys. I see Giordan as the only one of that 7 at risk of being pushed down the depth chart. I have to believe that Justice, Marshall, Podz and Stewart are all going to avg at least 25mins a game and 2 or 3 of them may avg 30+. Braun and Bediako may play anywhere from 15-18 on the low end to 25+ on the high end.
There’s only so many minutes to go around. Do the math on the above assumptions and there’s really only 10-20mins left over for the other 6 guys on the roster. Based on the Euro tour, Knapper seems locked in to be at a minimum the backup PG off the bench at 8-12mins per game. So I see Holt, Camaron, Tilly battling for the limited available backup minutes in the frontcourt. And we also have Akametu who much like Camaron is a bona fide athlete with good size who is physically ready for D1 ball; seems he may compete for some minutes on the wing, specifically the 3. Not sure about Ensminger…unless he can wrestle the back-up point guard minutes away from Knapper he may not see the court, could be a RS candidate this season.
Caveat…as always, injuries could change the calculus.

I always hate to see guys leave the program, especially players with great potential. I do like Camaron and hope he can carve out a role and stick with the program. Long term…looking ahead to the 2023/24 season and the guys who may currently be ahead of Camaron on the depth chart…Justice and Marshall will be gone, Braun would be a 6th year guy with the free COVID season and similarly Bediako would be a 5th year…who knows if either or both of those guys are interested in returning to extend their career. I recognize Camaron may not be direclty competing with Bediako at the 5 but there’s a trickle down impact in the frontcourt for guys who play multiple positions. So the path to playing time for Camaron may open up in 2023/24 if he’s willing to be patient.

Just my take.

6 Likes

Your take is SPOT ON! Very accurate. Appreciated too! Giordon is out this season with an ACL - so that does open a small window. There is NO QUESTION the 5th year Covid Season has DESTROYED opportunities for the Class of 2021 - hence the transfer portal was a hot mess.

Cam has always been a 4-5 player and this year putting him at the 3 is a challenge that I hope he takes full advantage. So the positive is the development he can gain as a player overall. Attacking facing the basket is not something he is familiar - so to develop that additional skill set will only pay off.

We are honestly taking it day by day and I have asked my son to put it on himself to push himself in every way to be the best player and teammate possible.

5 Likes