WCC Game 1: @ LMU

'92 - I think you may have meant Tilly vs Tongue? Doesn’t matter. Too much stagnation on “O” again.

Get this video into Herb’s hands please! Its the go-to when you need a bucket!

3 Likes

Got some difficult shots to fall in the second half, but boy was it ugly. As 92 points out this offense has gone almost strictly to 1on1 beating the opponent off the bounce… when was the last time you said “nice pass” when watching a game this season? This is not a recepie for success. Sendek is lost out there.

3 Likes

There were a few times last night that I said “Nice Pass”. One that comes to mind was Caffaro making a good pass on a backdoor cut. I can’t recall who converted on the play.

He’s a good passer for a big man, but that’s all he brings to the table offensively IMO.

I thought Knapper played well last night, and Benjamin provided some good minutes off the bench. I have personally been hard on our PG play, but credit where credit is due. I don’t know why we didn’t see Cam in the 2nd half.

Lastly, is Hammonds injured? It’s been awhile since he’s seen the floor.

2 Likes

I hate the transfer portal. They promise playing time to players like Caffaro when they should be developing a player like McEldon who has mor talent.

5 Likes

Agree with that thought. Would like to see more McEldon, Tilly and Tongue vs Caffaro and O’Neill.

1 Like

Maybe you mean Tilly? Tongue had one back to the basket isolation move. Then a pick and roll that put him on the FT with his 4:33 seconds of play.

LOVE the video!!!

I’d like to rewatch the Yale game to see great passing and ball movement in action by…Yale. It was a clinic at times. Sigh.

2 Likes

Yale had 15 assists and 10 turnovers. Broncos had 11 assists and 14 turnovers. That’s not an insurmountable advantage, but enough to win an otherwise close contest.

1 Like

Yale is smart both on and off the court. They utilized passing the ball to wear down SCU and it worked beautifully. We dont force our opponents to play any type of defense with our one pass and shoot offense.

1 Like

Actually I wouldn’t mind if SCU was one quick pass and a quick shot on each possession. Instead it’s more dribble sideways or backwards make a lateral pass to a well guarded guy on the perimeter and then dribble dribble dribble and force something up.

2 Likes

Betterer…How do we bring you out of retirement or wherever you are to coach this team? What’s your price?

2 Likes