24-25 Non-Conference Schedule

Post updates here. I will do my best to keep a master list at the top. Here is what we know so far (home games in bold / neutral games in italics):

• November 16: @Nevada
  • November 19: UC Riverside (Acrisure Invitational on-campus game)
  • November 23: Stanford
  • November 28: TCU (Acrisure Invitational)
  • November 29: Washington/Colorado State (Acrisure Invitational)
  • December 14: Bradley (Jack Jones Classic)
  • Date TBD: San Jose State

Presumed games: @Yale (may have been one-off but no confirmation)

2 Likes

Do we even have non-conference schedule thread?

1 Like

Looks like most of the projection systems have Bradley as a Top 100 team next year so this game makes sense. Probably similar to our Duquesne game last year.

3 Likes

Of note: as of the last reporting I read, the addition of WSU/OSU will not put the WCC back into unbalanced scheduling. So the conference slate is projected to be 20 games (consistent with the major conferences now) and non-conference slates should be about 11-12 games.

2 Likes

A few more games are listed on this blog which claims insider knowledge:

11/04: St. Louis (Sioux Falls) – presumably the opening game
11/23: Stanford
12/18: Kennesaw State

I’ll add the Stanford game up top and wait for more official confirmation of the other two.

Kennesaw State is a standard buy game. But St. Louis on a neutral is a legitimate opponent, especially with their new coach, Josh Schertz, having been hired away from Indiana State after orchestrating a major program turnaround there. Robbie Avila, who became a nationally beloved player last season (“Cream Abdul Jabbar” and “Larry Nerd” were a couple nicknames) transferred with Schertz and will be quite a challenge to contain: he’s 6’10" and 240 lbs but is a statistical swiss army knife with 17.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per game. He shot almost 40% from three last season on 155 attempts. Expect that St. Louis game to be good exposure for the Broncos, as many will tune in to see Avila and the Billikens under a new coaching regime.

6 Likes

Playing at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls is actually sort of a big deal.

Great get for the Broncos.

I recall K. Foster and the Broncos beating SLU in Saint Louis.

4 Likes