Game 14: Montana

Nice win. This squad has some talent. Hopefully, it continues to get showcased.

Agreeā€¦Nice win overall, solid game from Justice and Vrankic. Hope Pipes and Tomley wonā€™t be out long, as we donā€™t want to enter conference play with a short bench.

And Iā€™ll addā€¦another good game off the bench for Giordan, 11pts, 3 steals. Averaging 10pts/game over the last 4 games, 9/17 from the 3pt line over that stretch.

Yes G-Williams did look good. But I believe that he had 3 turnovers that counteract the 3 steals.

I like how aggressive he is. Would love to see him perfect a jump stop and dish to open man (to avoid an offensive charge)

Giordan seems to be getting a lot better at recognizing his scoring opportunities, both from distance and on the drive. If we can count on him for 10-12 points per night, that would be huge. Still a little dribble happy, but even that is improving. Very happy for him since heā€™s had some tough outings in the past.

The biggest thing for me from this game is itā€™s nice to see the team can shoulder the load when JWilliams has an off night. It was kind of starting to seem that we needed him to score 25 a night to be in a ball game.
As much as JWilliams is an excellent scorer, there are a good # of capable scorers on this squad (which we witnessed last night as well as those 3 early games Stanford, Nevada, TCU). Much tougher to defend a team where you have to worry about multiple guys going off.

6 Likes