NIT Game 1: @ Washington State

We have to run something to get Justice a look from 3.

1 Like

Need better than quick mid-range shots from Jalen. I know he can make them, but have at least a couple different looks first.

Edit: Holt taking threes was not what I had in mind, but I guess?

1 Like

rough ugly half, lucky to only be down 4

2 Likes

The ghost of Tony Bennett hanging around Beazley tonight with this halftime score.

What a hideously ugly half of basketball. Someone needs to fire this team up. I don’t think HS is the one to do it, it’s just not in his DNA.

1 Like

We have two guys that both shoot over 40% from 3 on the season and they combine for 1 three point attempt in the first half?!?

2 Likes

Look confused and timid on most offensive possessions… that’s not a good look 30+ games in.
Hopefully the 2nd half is vastly improved.

2 Likes

Not gonna get much better looks than the last three misses.

man, did Justice bet the under?

1 Like

The only word that comes to mind right now…BRUTAL

Let’s go Broncos

Sendek trying to get the team fired up. But cost a T. We’ll see if worth it.

WSU is shooting a better percentage from three than inside the arc. How long before we adjust?

whats the adjustment for someone shooting 50% from three?

1 Like

Collapsing everywhere.

Broncos now 3/18 from three…nothing going down

Defending the 3 has been a problem for our team all year. We do a lot of things well but we definitely don’t guard the 3 with any intensity. I am not sure if it is scheme or personnel. We are 245th in the nation this year at defending the 3, and last year we were 75th. Maybe Christian Carlyle was that much better at closing out on 3s than anyone this year? Not sure.

But as others have mentioned, this is primarily about our terrible shooting tonight.

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:
shooting tonight

Bang him around and get him out of rhythm. Pick him up earlier. Extend the D.

1 Like

Well…. At the end of the day we just shot it horribly. Everything else was decent enough.

How are you gonna bang anyone around in a no-touch D philosophy? HS out coached by a WCC castoff