22-23 non-conference schedule

The missing Dec. 3rd game:

Two in Utah in separate trips and none in Coloradoā€¦ sigh.

I await the day they play the U of Denver and I walk to the game.

We have much positive mojo in Utah, the site of the 15 over 2 against UAā€¦ or did we use it all up?

Dunno about positive mojo in Utah. Havenā€™t we never won in Provo? I know that we lost the last time we played at Utah State (back in 2014, maybe?) When was the last time we won a game in the state of Utah? Honestly wouldnā€™t surprise me if youā€™d have to go back to '93.

Perhaps some strategy hereā€¦who knows? BYU leaves WCC after this season - maybe we are keeping the Utah beachhead ā€œwarmā€ (or keeping the snowpack cold) for later years. We have recruited from Wasatch Academy, and maybe weā€™re just figuring out a way to stay long-term relevant in the area. Would be great to see us hit Coloradoā€¦Boulder is always a nice spot.

We beat Utah in SLC on Nov 19, 2007. The score was 72-57. I remember it well, because I was there! It was KKā€™s first season.

Ha, yeah, forgot about those (can you blame me?)- positive mojo in SLC.

1 Like

Honestly, a heat map would be a kind of fun thing with a color spectrum based on the most recent win in a given state. Maybe if I get really bored someday soon, Iā€™ll try creating one to add a little board parlor game.

2 Likes

In my humble opinion this years non-league schedule is quite demanding. I only see one real softy, Menlo, a few we should be able to handle but at least nine tough noon-league games. For those poking fun at Herb, given we lost some talent to graduation and the NBA, I would say we are upping the ante as far as competition goes. I hope this means we have confidence in the players returning and the new recruits to continue to stride forward with better basketball. I hope this translates into more student involvement at games. GO BRONCOS!!!

3 Likes

This is great. Fairly solid mid-major team. I give this schedule an A- to last yearā€™s A. There are fewer ā€œbigā€ names which is worth docking a point or two just because beating a Stanford or a USC gets the studentsā€™ attention a little more. But as a through-and-through fan, thereā€™s plenty to tune in for with this schedule. And with the WCC about as good as ever, SCU can probably lose 10 games and still feel decent about the NIT.