Game 12: @ LMU

Meanwhile, Portland playing like a ticked off nest of hornets. Up 11 on USD. Can we back out of both games at this point?

Karma is a bitch. Don’t u think?

1 Like

Much better. Keep it up!

Our defense is like we don’t have a game plan. Eli Scott goes left on the drive 6 straight times for layups and free throws.
Why not post up Jalen on a smaller Quintana and get him going.
Don’t get it…
The game is about matchups and we just don’t seem to notice…

2 Likes

How can you foul on that layup?!? smh

3:10 to go - Pipes takes a contested jumper when with 23 seconds on the clock when we could have run the clock down to 2:40???

This game made me worried. Happy with the win. Still no “bad” losses in conference. Need to survive Pepp/Portland and barring a USF upset of Gonzaga, we finish 3rd.

Not perfect. But it was enough. Main goal at this point is not to lose any silly ones. Three to go and need to go 2/3.

2 Likes

It got interesting there at the end… a win.

1 Like

I can only imagine the moans (or cheers) in Vegas when Scott drove that last basket in for the sure 2 rather than attempting a 3. Ha.

Glad we got the win. Good job guys.

Broncos played hard for most of second half . Last two minutes were bad but luckily the lions have blown a lot close games.

The difference with this team over other years is we have 6 players who can score 20 points in a game so shutting down Williams doesn’t lead to a loss

It’s a win, we’ll take it. On the plus side, Pipes is so much more confident with his shot again. Feels like he has turned it around.

1 Like

Isn’t it interesting how differently this game was officiated compared to the St. Mary’s game? They called everything tonight…and against St.Mary’s it was more like a wrestling match where nothing was called.

1 Like

Now that USF lost to St.Mary’s, I hope we did not cost our team the 3rd seed by not playing @ Portland and getting a win. If we would have gone 11-5 in conference to USF’s 10-6 then we would have been a deserving 3rd, but if we go 10-5 and USF goes 10-6 then they have the better case with the two wins head2head.

I listened to Golden’s postgame when they played us and he said they have no idea how the league is going to do the seeding.

Bediako played his most minutes (23) since the Hawaii game. Rebounded at a high rate on both offense and defense. (20%+ for each)

Jalen had 3 blocks and 3 steals. Can’t remember the last time a Bronco did that. Pipes also had 3 steals with the steal of the entry pass to Eli Scott being one that really stands out.

USF never played Pacific, and I don’t see anything on their schedule that suggests they will make it up. We are currently 8-4 in WCC with 3 games remaining and they’re currently 8-5 with two games remaining. It seems possible we both go 10-6 and I assume they win a tie breaker, but there is not going to be any need to make decisions about who to seed where due to unequal games played.

Maestro…thanks for the update. Actually they might play Pacific on Monday according to Golden in this interview. The whole thing is confusing. MBB | USF vs Saint Mary's Post Game Interview (Todd Golden) - YouTube

1 Like

even if we finish in the standings better than USF, because of the unbalanced schedule the conference will use the Pomeroy-modified seeding algorithm to determine tourney seedings. I don’t like our chances, unless USF coughs up another loss against a “bottom-5” team.

How did we drop 3 spots after a win on the road?

I have the same worry.

WCC will want to get BYU/USF/SMC/GU into the semifinals. Anything that allows that to happen and NOT have BYU vs. USF in the quarterfinal matchup will be advantageous.