Jalen Williams Watch

The “Nash effect” never got a foothold because the administration refused to read the college hoops tea leaves and didn’t go “all-in” like Gonzaga did. They were stuck in the late 80’s and early 90s hoping for a diamond in the rough or an occasional automatic bid to take them to the promised land. Recruiting and other budgets remained flat so we lost a competitive edge (if we ever had one). BJ looked the part, as have others, but that is one player on a team of 15. DD, KK and Herb (whatever you think of the them), all had or have one or two hands tied behind their backs. DD unfortunately had it the worst. He might have had both feet tied together too. The athletic training center is a big boost, but we may have just reached table stakes.

3 Likes

BJ was NBA bound, for sure. I remember him getting 32 in one game, most of the points in the second half for a 20-point combeback. Foyle should have given him 25% of his earnings that year. BJ was never the same. Great Bronco and person.

3 Likes

maddog1, I almost forgot to mention how much I loved Lizardman and his disciples in the upper-level bleachers. They always rallied the students to get LOUD and unruly.

1 Like

JDub had a solid game on national TV during LeBron’s record breaking game. 25 points, 7 boards and 6 steals. Way to represent, young man! OKC won to boot.

4 Likes

He did have quite a game. He was flat against the Warriors, but OKC as a team looked uninspired (and in sharp contrast to Klay’s unreal shooting). Was good to see JDub and the team bounce back. Announcers talked him and the team up and derided Anthony Davis for being completely absent.

1 Like