WCC Game 13: @ BYU

Hey, it was Nixon! But it was a long time

4 Likes

Adios BYU… glad SCU sent you off to the Big 12 the right way. Great win. SCU played physical ball tonight!

10 Likes

Great game but the off rebound and turnover differentials allowed the Cougars to hang closer than they should have been. 9 off rebs for the Broncos vs. BYU’s 12 and 14 Bronco TO’s to BYU’s 9…a net 8 extra possessions for BYU. Could have beat them by 20…in Provo.

But sure feels great sweeping the Cougars in their send off from the WCC. Their fans are insufferable…mocked the smaller schools and small gyms of the WCC, claimed they’d knock GU from their pedestal and steamroll the WCC…never happened and now they’re gone and looking like they’ll be in the bottom 2 or 3 in the Big12.

6 Likes

How did that guy major in Poli Sci at Santa Clara? What a dummy.

Though, in fairness, it’s really a history question. I can still tell you about Duverger’s Law, for what that’s worth.

Great great win. Portland has feasted upon the doldrums, have to take care of business.

We’re a full game and a half ahead of 4th if Gonzaga beats lmu.

I would still like to see a Gonzaga loss though! lol

1 Like

Prob not happening tonight…GU up 21-4.

Yeah - watching. About to turn off if this does not change.

GU 68-28 at halftime…safe to say that one is over.

Scandal’s song “Goodbye to You” is appropriate here.

1 Like

USF is doing us a solid by holding a slim lead on Pacific. With LMU safely put away, Santa Clara wants USF to win so that everyone is at least 1.5 games out of third place.

1 Like

From the Deseret News

2 Likes

Got home from work, turned on the TV and braced myself for bad news, only to see the Broncos up 13 with 11 minutes left. Another very impressive win!

Winning in Provo isn’t easy; SMC and the Zags escaped with one-point margins, and BYU recently crushed LMU by 28. Sweeping the season series is sweet; I don’t think KK’s teams ever beat BYU, and I remember a spate of 30-point losses that were an embarrassment. They seemed almost as hard to conquer as the Zags and a tougher match than SMC. To own a 3-game winning streak against them is very gratifying, and to see them finish their final WCC season in 6th place or so would be poetic justice.

7 Likes

Great win Broncos. Lots of big plays tonight (Stewart acrobatic finish, Podz overall, Tongue block/dunk, clutch free throws by Braun/Tilly, Justice hang in the air 3, Tilly spin move) but this particular play was both impressive and made me laugh. Wow did Knapper make the BYU players look slow on the coast to coast drive.

4 Likes

Wish I could’ve seen Mark Pope after that rebound and coast to coast dunk by Knapper who was probably the smallest guy on the floor at that time.

3 Likes

This was the truest statement of the night - and season perhaps.

2 Likes

Loved that one too. BK is going to be a key player in the years to come.

1 Like