WCC Game 14: @ Pepperdine

Not counting chickens before they are hatched.

I would like to consider USF a bad loss because it was so damn ugly.

1 Like

Would love for Bediako to just start dunking the ball whenever heā€™s down low. Heā€™s close enough to the rim most times to do so. Power dribble when neededā€¦

Seems like a great kid and getting better with each game. Good to see.

1 Like

Donā€™t underestimate Romar. He is a skilled recruiter and he seems to have real emotional bonds with his players. Would not surprise me if Mallette stuck around.

YES! It drives me nuts when he catches the ball high and then puts the ball on the floor for a 1-2 dribble. If your foot is already on the restricted zone line or inside, you donā€™t have to worry about an offensive foul ā€“ GO TO THE HOOP AND FLUSH THAT BALL!

Donā€™t curse it!

Our squad must do better defensively. On the season, the Waves have been shooting 41.9% FG. They shot 46.4% last night, and that was only after going ice cold in the last 6 minutes or so of the game. Up to that point they were at around 53%.

Is Carlos in the doghouse? GW got the nod, wasnā€™t sure if HS was just going with a hot hand, or if Stewart did something to to curry disfavor.

Hopefully just a hot hand decision. Giordan was really great. I think that Pepperdineā€™s woeful defense helped somewhat, but every time he had the path to the hoop, he capitalized (literallyā€“100% shooting if you donā€™t include the one miss from the charity stripe). And only one turnover. Giordan has always had a lot of talent but some issues with staying under control and making the right decision in a given moment. Last night he was about as close to perfect as one could ask. Cool to see.

1 Like