WCC Game 9: @ San Diego

Braun needs to spend the off-season working on his free throws and his footwork. With enough work over the summer, he could be dominant next year.

Heā€™s really been impressive the last 4-5 games. Stout covering many types of players on defense. Just needs to make free throws and work on catching the ball in traffic.

Heā€™s kinda put the bediako competition for playing time to bed.

On that note, any word on tomley? We havenā€™t seen him in ages.

Tomley has had some garbage time minutes in recent games, just the odd man out competing against Stewart, Giordan for PT. Great jump shot form, probably best on team but doesnā€™t possess the athleticism of defensive ability of Stewart and Giordan.

I hope Tomley sticks around, Pipes is out of eligibility so there could be some minutes to be had off the bench depending on transfers in.

2 Likes

Broncos did what they needed to do tonight. 1st half was brilliant. These next two home games are probably the most significant games in 5 to 10 years? Lots to play for. 2nd to 5th in WCC seeding. Definitely want to try and get 3rd or better if possible to avoid Gonzaga until the WCC finals. Win both and it is a giant leap forward for the program. Lose both and it will mean the low ceiling has been hit again. One win and at least the Broncos are still looking good for a 4th seed.

1 Like

1-1 would be big (really hope itā€™s a win against Usf for standings sake).

The smc game is at home and on cbssports, maybe just maybe we can get a big student turnout?

1 Like

Definitely most important games in a long time. I would say we need to win at least one of these games to be in position for solid 4th place. Win two and and we could be second or third. USF struggled with Portland but won, they have won a lot of close games with two close losses to BYU and SMC. Iā€™ve harped on this for awhile, but the team deserves more fan support than its getting. I suspect a lot of USF and SMC fans will show up so we should have a good crowd. I just hope there are a lot of SCU students and alums there as well to give the team a boost. Our most relevant season in years and the team is entertaining to watch. GO BRONCOS!!!

1 Like

I was impressed with the 14 offensive rebounds. Herb stopped yelling for everyone to get back on defense. The bigs need stay and try to get rebounds

2-0 this next week would be monumental

1 Like