Did I miss this Transfer?

I would say most teams can probably be described that way depending what you want to call a player. Is Justice a guard or forward? Does it matter? Not really. But he doesn’t rebound that well or defend post players much. So I would say he’s more guard than forward.

More than ever, position designations really don’t matter, if they ever did.

Sendek was playing stretch 4s way before it was popular (even basically inventing one at Miami out of a player that had never shot a 3 before he took over as coach). At Arizona State he had a lineup that was basically 4 guards with Rihards Kuksiks masquerading as a forward. Very many coaches classify players internally by Guard, Wing and Post, and some even just as Guard and Forward (or Post)-- Bob Knight being one of those. The 1-5 is basically for set play assignment purposes and a rough framework for defense. And the media.

I expect the best 3 point shooter that isn’t one-dimensional to start, the best defender to start, and the best rebounder to start. Maybe the two best 3 point shooters unless one of them is one-dimensional. Whoever they are. I do think challenging 3 point shots well will continue to be an emphasis.

One of Pipes best games vs Big East Marquette. Also, remember Green Bay after a COVID coaching change had 9 Freshman on the team and only 2 returning players with starter minutes…

It’s a great watch…

1 Like

I like his quick release. Hopefully he gets at least 6 three point attempts per game next season.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see him playing with better players at each position. The new coach is Bo Ryan’s son and wanted to run the old swing slow it down offense which didn’t have the pieces yet to be effective.

1 Like