Game 3: @ Stanford

Good writeup from Kroner in the Chronicle. It’s good they sent someone to cover the game between two local squads.

2 Likes

By contrast, the score wasn’t even one of the 6 “Far West” scores reported in the Denver Post this morning!

1 Like

I’ll 2nd Patty’s comments on Bryan. He’s playing great and there’s no drop off when he subs for Marshall, Bal or Benjamin.

It’s still early, just 3 games in, but my takeaway is we have a really strong first 7 (starters plus Bryan and Caffaro). Caffaro has contributed as much (or more) than Tilly and as noted, Bryan has been great. It’s like having 7 starters. Beyond that, yes, we have depth, but we may not play 10 or 11 each game. And the minutes for Tongue, Ensminger, Hammond and Knapper may continue to be limited and inconsistent and dependent on foul trouble, match-up issues and how the top 7 are performing. There is still room and time for one of those 4 guys to earn more PT and establish themselves as the 8th man in the rotation and see 10mins+ of playing time consistently…it’s just not clear which guy that may be.

2 Likes

Someone put up the game tape for Stanford from Pac-12 Networks. Kind of hilariously, though, it’s missing the last 8 minutes or so when SCU starts to pull away. Coincidence? :wink:

Stanford hosting Eastern Washington tonight. The dancing trees are favored by 14. Anyone with any insights on EWU’s squad this year? I hate to say it, but I have to begrudgingly root for Stanford the rest of the year to ensure our win remains a quality win.

2 Likes