Podz and the NBA

What NIL deals does Podz have? I don’t doubt it, but I haven’t seen anything.

SCU needs to go full force with NIL… lots of local business alums with deep pockets.

3 Likes

I don’t know the specifics, but I do know Carlos, Podz, and Keshawn all have or had NIL deals. I recall there was some Toyota car dealership ads on Keshawn’s Instagram account last year too.

I do know that the deals those three guys had were worth a respectable amount of money. Not Timme money, but solid. Being the first year or second year implemented, I think it obviously has a lot of room to grow, and our success will hinge on it. Fortunately there’s, as you put it, deep pockets in our alumni base. Hopefully a lot more growth to come.

3 Likes

Latest Vecenie draft ranking has BP in the mid second round

2 Likes

Looks like Podz made the NBA combine list along with ~75+ others.
Pepperdine’s Maxwell Lewis and GU’s Timme and Strawther as well.
Note, presumed #1 pick Wembanyama is not on the list and the list looks fairly light on foreign players, ~5 by my count and seems about a dozen get drafted each year.
In other words, there are players not on this list who will likely be drafted so Podz is competing with ~85-90 for less than 60 draft spots (I think a couple teams were docked draft picks).

This mock has Podz getting picked 25th. NBA Mock Draft 2023 before lottery: All 58 picks including Wembanyama (usatoday.com)
I hope that happens but have a feeling he falls to the early 2nd round unless he grades out better than expected at the combine.

1 Like

Rumor has it Podz has signed with an agent so he will not be back and they must feel he can be a first rounder with a strong combine performance.

3 Likes

If so, I wish him well at the combine and pretty certain we will be hearing his name on draft night…hopefully in the first round.

We’d be hard pressed to find a Broncos player that has had more of an impact with one year than BP.

Brandin, all the best and thank you!!!

5 Likes

Financially, late 1st round vs. early 2nd round isn’t much of difference, just not guaranteed.
Even if he falls to the 2nd round I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a bad decision to turn pro. A basketball player’s shelf life is short. He got a lot of late season buzz and press with the WCC POY and with the #'s he put up so he has trended upward. There’s logic to capitalizing while your stock is high. There is no guarantee that he’d put up the same or better #'s next season or repeat as POY. What if his 3pt shooting drops to mid 30’s (still not bad) instead of the very good mid-40’s he put up last season??? Do scouts start to question if his shooting will translate??? He does not have the long term upside that someone like Jalen had and has…highly skilled yes but simply doesn’t possess the elite length or athleticism that would make you think he’s a future All-Star.
But I could be wrong. I more or less thought the same of Steve Nash…figured he’d have a long and steady NBA career along the line of Steve Kerr or the Paxson brothers. I certainly didn’t anticipate the NBA MVP’s and multi-year All-star career.

4 Likes

Great article on Podz getting ready for the combine.

5 Likes

Bleacher has predicted Podz as the # 18 pick as we head into the. Combine… :grinning:

4 Likes

Podz was awesome in the first half of his game today at the combine. Best vision of any player on the court.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wait…… Podz as PG. Now where did I hear that before? :face_with_monocle:

Honestly, he’s gonna make a great point at the next level.

4 Likes

He looks in total control. And Betts, I’ll confirm, that was your call early on.

2 Likes

I am a second witness to betterer’s call

1 Like

It’s official- Podz to NBA draft

7 Likes

Go be great Podz! Also, getting this announced should help with landing a final scholarship player as we now have certainty on that scholarship being available.

11 Likes

Nice report on Podz from the NBA Combine.

“ Scouts and executives only had positive feedback throughout the week, and interest appears to be snowballing. Just reading the gym, it sounds like Podziemski will be in play for teams starting in the late teens and early 20s.”

7 Likes

How come they have DROPPED Podz in the mock draft after his stellar performance at the Combine? But if KINGS are on the radar - not a bad pull for him.

2023 NBA Mock Draft: Post-Lottery Edition, Volume 1 | Yardbarker

[Deleted by Moderator–Post more appropriate for direct message]

Podz @ # 20 In latest Bleacher Report mock draft. Bleacher Report June 2, 2023