Soccer and Women's Hoops are on a roll too

HUGE WIN! So proud of the Lady Broncos

4 Likes

Win two games in your own stadium to win a national title? Gotta like those odds…

Go Broncos!

6 Likes

hopefully it’ll be packed with home-team fans…

4 Likes

If the burning couches and big-time Bellomy celebrations in the spring are any indication, I think there will be a big crowd of students at the next one. Like I’ve said before, students are creatures of zeitgeist, and the ladies are real winners.

By the way, I saw on Twitter that Brandi Chastain was calling all WSOC alumnae to get to Buck Shaw for the next two games.

Between students, alumni, and fans, I think the Broncos will have a pretty enviable home field advantage.

3 Likes

Congratulations again to the Lady Broncos!! I profess to know very little about soccer having never played growing up. This program is one that ALL alums can be so proud of. These ladies excel on the field, and off with their character. It’s a credit to Coach Smith and we’re very blessed to have him, and very proud of the team’s many accomplishmens over the years.

Thank you Coach Smith! GO BRONCOS!!

5 Likes

FINALLY got an email about women’s soccer (from the Alumni Association) making the final four.

Apparently the game tomorrow is sold out, but tix still available for sunday. Both games on ESPNU.

Is there some sort of covid related capacity reduction? If not, that will be a very healthy crowd, tho I suspect BYU will bring a good share of fans as well.

I don’t believe so, but I think they have a section or two tarped off (a la Oakland A’s) as I think I remember capacity changing from 8k to 6k

I imagine most here rec’d the e-mail from the Alumni Association. There is an available watch party. Game will be on ESPNU, game time 5:30. Sounds like Friday’s game is already sold out which is cool, tickets still available for Sunday’s championship.

Edit: Sorry Midwest…just noticed I overlooked your post re: ESPNU and sellout.

Link to Watch Party:
Meeting Registration - Zoom

An hour to game time…good luck to our Lady Broncos!

3 Likes

Start time is actually 6:30…sorry, misread the Alumni Assoc e-mail.

Florida St - Rutgers on ESPNU now, tied 0-0 early 2nd half.

1 Like

Just got my National Championship ticket. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Such a bummer but man what a game!

I hope some SCU recruits were watching that one. Really fun.

6 Likes

Airmailed 2nd PK, off post on 5th…tough way to lose.
Amazing that they held BYU scoreless, under constant attack.
We had our share of good scoring chances in the 1st, just couldn’t finish.
Fun game to watch and good to see and hear the large crowd.

5 Likes

That one was so heartbreaking. Tough way to lose, especially being up on the PKs early. Really proud of the team. Difficult path just to get there, The crowd was rocking!

3 Likes

It was a very exciting 0-0 game. Lots of chances for both sides.

Congrats to the Lady Broncos for a Final Four appearance! And to the Gentlemen Broncos who had a nice showing this season as well! I think Turnbow is going to be an excellent professional player, and perhaps a few of her teammates, too.

Lastly, it’s worth noting what a great job the BYU Women’s Soccer coach has done. I didn’t know the history of soccer at BYU, but the announcers said that the coach played CLUB soccer at BYU and she was the one who started this D1 team. 27 YEARS LATER, and she has led this team to the NCAA final match, and possibly, a championship. Talk about tenacity, commitment, and loyalty! And let’s give Jerry credit as well, now 33+ years at SCU.

I’ll be rooting for BYU on Monday.

2 Likes