Women's Soccer - NCAA Tournament

I know the focus is on Men’s Basketball, hence “Bronco Hoops”, but just wanted to give some well deserved attention to the most successful and consistent program within SCU Athletics…Women’s Soccer.

AGAIN, Jerry Smith has this program playing in the NCAA Tournament. Imagine if SCU’s other programs acheived one tenth of what these Ladies achieve year in and year out. Personally, we probably, as a whole, take their success for granted. I didn’t play soccer growing up, and it’s not a sport that I watch with regularity, albeit The World Cup. I will be watching today.

Lady Broncos play on The Mission Campus at 1pm today vs Arizona St and match will be on ESPN+.

Congratulations to Coach Smith and the team ONCE AGIN!

Go Broncos!!!

7 Likes

Final: Broncos 3…Sun Devils 0

SCU was in control the entire time and lead 3-0 in the first half. This team hangs their hat on defense, ball possession, and balanced scoring.

Next up: @ #2 seed Penn St. Date and time TBD.

Note: Annie Karich (Soph) anchors the Broncos defense. Daughter of former Bronco Andy Karich.

Good luck in Round 2, as program continues to make all of us Broncos proud. GO BRONCOS!!!

8 Likes

2nd Round matchup @ #2 Penn St:

Fri, 3pm (PST) on ESPN +

Note: The men’s team finished conference play 5-1-1 and are co-champions of the WCC with USD. The automatic bid goes to USD as a result of their win over SCU. The men are hoping to receive an at large bid during Monday’s selection show. Regardless, a very fine season for a team that was not even projected to finish in the upper half of the conference.

Congratulations to Coach Rast and team and good luck to the ladies against Penn St.

GO BRONCOS!!!

4 Likes

The Men’s team got snubbed – LMU got the pick at-large. Men’s games start today, I believe. Too bad, Rast has done a nice job. Oh well, at least we have the women’s squad to follow! Hopefully they can repeat the fine playoff performance of last year.

3 Likes

Appreciate the update, buckets, and that’s too bad on the men’s team.

Hope the women can get it done tomorrow at Penn St.

3 Likes