WCC Game 3: @ Saint Mary's

Can’t believe the refs missed that illegal screen by Tass.

In the Gaels’ 4 losses, Kuhse shot 22% average from 3pt-land.
In the Gaels’ 13 wins, Kuhse shot 57% average from 3pt-land.

When he is in the game, a defender needs to be glued to him.

I watched the game against Wisconsin. The Badgers were all over him, forcing him to commit 5 turnovers and zero 3pt shots made.

We seem to be going underneath EVERY screen. Maddening that we’re respecting the roll too much.

Some bad turnovers, but I’d say the pace is 60-40 in our favor.

Only 1-2 for 3s but getting good looks on pump fakes and drives.

I’m content so far because we’re playing our B- game so far.

1 Like

I love to see Bediako back! Just tuned in. Let’s get things going! Go Broncos!

1 Like

Great D from Bediako but questionable layup miss…

Smc shooting the lights out… gotta make our layups and free throws.

Still mostly like what I see going into half.

1 Like

Played right into St. Mary’s hands. They turned us into a 2pt shooting team. Several careless turnovers (the completely unforced kind). Can’t get Justice a shot? Wasted a few possessions where Braun posted up way too far from the basket to do anything. Going underneath too many screens on defense.

1 Like

Actually, SMC hasn’t shot too well in the 1st half… concerning to be out shooting your opponent and down 7 at half.

Exactly…and most of their 3 attempts have been uncontested. Maybe that is by design for a few guys but definitely not Kuhse.

We are better than SMC. Why don’t we we play that way?

2 Likes

Keep feeding Jalen!!!

2 Likes

How many layups are we going to miss???

2 Likes

Blockout Tass!! He’s killing us on the boards!!

1 Like

If Pipes finds his shot, we can beat everyone in the league with the exception of Gonzaga.

Obviously the game plan is to attack Tass, but we may be overdoing it.

1 Like

this game is so frustrating to watch. we’ve made way too many careless mistakes that’ve led to turnovers.

2 Likes

Let’s go!!! Winnable game

Agreed. We make Kuhse look like a good shooter from 3. Not just that but we lose the pick and roll battle cutter to the rim. Not good.
We get caught in their pick and roll but our picks catch no one…
We are a better team but not playing like it.
Sad…

Kuhse is SMC’s best 3-pt shooter (and 3rd-best in the conference), so I won’t agree that we are MAKING him look like a good one. But we clearly aren’t defending him well.

Tough loss, too many turnovers and just couldn’t hit shots late

2 Likes

Ugh…lost the game in the 1st half with bizarre turnovers and not even trying to force tempo to get open 3s. In the second half, we at least played with some urgency on offense.

1 Like