WCC Game 3: vs. Gonzaga

Unrelated thought - In the Keating era there were still vague hints of yellow in the form of gold (recall us @ Cameron Indoor) and it looked somewhat bad.

The gold/yellow has disappeared, I think for the best. But in these 90s nod jerseys, I think it looks pretty good.

1 Like

If one had to bet the family farm on tonightā€™s game, where would your money be placed? History, talent and coaching put the odds with the Zags, no matter how much emotions and heart want the "W " for Santa Claraā€™s Broncosā€¦:hushed::cry:

and because of those factors Gonzaga is favored by 8.5 tonight.

The original Nash-Teeā€¦

1 Like

Keep winning the timeout breaks, letā€™s go boys

Is Carlos a little under the weather? He looks sluggish and a little off.

I think our guys need to punish Watson a bitā€¦no one is getting a body on him. That last offensive rebound we gave up to him was a horrible box out

2 Likes

Watching this team in bound the ball under the basket feels like being in a dental chair.

2 Likes

Dangā€¦we were up 13 with 2 min left in the first half and we mostly squandered it. Up 6 is good, but we didnā€™t play intelligently those last 2 min

4 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth

6 Likes

And gives them the momentum going in to the 2nd half.
Letā€™s see if Sendek can make any tweaks and adjustments to stretch or maintain the lead, Zags arenā€™t going to just roll over in the 2nd half.

And I like that we got Ike in some foul trouble, but the post is where they have depth; though Huff and Gregg havenā€™t done much yet, they are capable.

1 Like

Zags weak 3pt shooting has hurt them all season and again tonightā€¦1/12 so far. No made 3ā€™s from their backcourt or wing yet.

We kicked their effort on the boards and in the effort category. The talent gap doesnā€™t look as significant as it has in other years.

Did we end the half great? Nope!

But Iā€™d take +6 at the half any day of the week. Letā€™s go!

3 Likes

Just tuned in. Is the student section finally moving to HALFCOURT like a real program? This genuinely might be a turning point.

5 Likes

27-11 rebounding advantageā€¦this is why I have harped on the fairly mediocre rebounding all season, especially given our big lineups and size advantage along with solid athleticism. The Zags are a solid rebounding team and yet weā€™re still dominating; this degree of rebounding advantage is hard to sustain but thereā€™s no reason we canā€™t consistently have a more decided rebounding advantage.

2 Likes

Back to back great ball movement

2 Likes

Zags now with the bigger lineupā€¦slid Watson down to the 3 spot with Huff and Greg at the 4 and 5.

1 Like

Gonzaga has 5 fouls already in this second half. Iā€™d like to see us force the issue with our good free throw shooters like Bal. Force the Zags to move their bodies to defend, increasing the chance of committing fouls. Bal is perfect for that role.

1 Like

No moral victory, boys. Take care of the ball, deny Watson, donā€™t settle for low-percentage shots.

1 Like

Get Marshall off the floor!!

2 Likes