WCC Game 3: vs. Gonzaga

Have to put Marshall on the bench

2 Likes

Geez…get Marshall out, he’s clearly not 100%. What’s the point of our supposed depth if we don’t use it when we need it.

2 Likes

Knapper, bal, Bryan, O’Neil, Tilly please

2 Likes

…Finally…it’s been way too long

7 Likes

It’s a bad night for couches… ding dong the witch is dead

9 Likes

The stars aligned. Nash in the front row. Bal getting to be the hero after being over looked in AZ. Herb giving his best coaching yet.

And we still turned the ball over way too much. :wink:

Make it a perfect week and get the Gaels next. If SCU plays like that, we win by 20.

12 Likes

We had 5 guys finish with double figures. This was a big win given that Carlos was a non-factor. Everyone else had to step up. Big shout out to BK for playing really well.

6 Likes

SUPREME BRONCO VICTORY !!! Finally…

11 Likes

Congrats to the team, coaches, students, alums and everyone on this board!!

It’s been a long time!

Go Broncos!!!

12 Likes

Sorry, but I’m going to have to disagree with that part — I don’t think it was a great coaching game by HS. It was obvious to everyone that Carlos was not right, yet HS waited too long to yank him. Sendek’s management of the last 2 min of the first half was not great. And how do you not double Watson when the rest of the team was shooting under 20%?

5 Likes

What a fun, entertaining win! Very happy to see the Broncos come back at the end!
Now let’s beat smc!

5 Likes

Epic win by the Broncos!!! And awesome retro jerseys!

8 Likes

Great win! Is this the one that pushes us over the top? Great atmosphere with Nash courtside and the students rocking! Fill Leavey up for the rest of the season, bring all your buddies out, this team deserves this type of support game in and game out!!
Fantastic job by the coaches and players!

11 Likes

For the record, I was screaming to double Watson…

But to play devils advocate, at least they went 3-18 from 3 and we never let them get hot by providing open looks I guess.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, the Gaels are absolutely mutilating the Pilots right now. Gaels average about 70 pts/game, they scored 56 in the first half

1 Like

No complaining tonight. A win over Gonzaga will do.

Go Broncos!

5 Likes

Also loved seeing Nash hugging Carroll Williams and Dick Davey. Great night all around for the Broncos.

11 Likes

Yes!!

Finally beat the Zags! It’s been a loooong time; I think the last time was 2011 in the days before I had gray hair.

Too many lopsided blowouts; I remember one game they lost by 50 or so in Spokane where the Broncos never put together a run greater than 3 points. There were also a few “if only…” close losses where one play or call could have turned the tide, but now I can put those all behind me.

Honestly, if they’d have lost tonight I seriously would have considered selling my soul to either the devil or Jerry Tarkanian for a win over the Zags!

2 Likes

I thought those were two of the three members of the evil trinity

1 Like

Buckets…agree on doubling Watson. No reason not to, the Zags are poor 3pt shooting team. Especially should have doubled off of Nembhard using Knapper. Nemhard is shooting 25% and even a couple of his wide open 3ptrs looked really ugly (and was 1/6 on the night).

Some ugly offensive sequences in the 2nd half and TO’s throughout but much like the Pepp game this team finds a way to win despite itself.

MVP of the night was Knapper IMO, some big 3ptrs when the game got close and a good job attacking the basket.

Now on to SMC…hopefully no let down.

5 Likes