Week 8 Review; Week 9 Look-ahead

Nope. I still can’t figure out Iona. That’s a REAL head scratcher.

The loss to SJSU hurt, but the real nail in the coffin was Pacific. SJSU is borderline top 100 KenPom. That put us on the NIT bubble, which is where we currently stand. The computers do not love us.

1 Like

I am so pleased with how the Broncos are playing. Keep it up! The league is so much better you can’t take anyone for granted so as they say, one game at a time. Here, we can dream, so with a win over USD, a first round win in the WCC tourney I would hope we would qualify for the NIT. A win over Gonzaga would definitely put us in the NIT and maybe a bubble team in the NCAA’s depending on how other bubble teams play. We would need some help. The only sure way as we all know is to win the WCC tourney and I do think the way we are playing this is our best chance in a long time. Gonzaga is not the typical GU and SMC can be beat with hot shooting and tough as SMC D. Not saying we will do it, but it is possible. Go BRONCOS!!! Win it a game at a time.

4 Likes

I would put a hot Podz, Justice, Stewart, Braun, Tilly and Tongue over ANY TEAM. If all SIX play to their full potential, nobody could touch SCU. And with a BK, Holt and Kosy to pad it - that is a force. (JB I think is a mental thing right now. I have seen him play remarkably well - and right now he just seems like he is not comfortable with the ball). But if he were FULL THROTTLE in addition to the others - game. set. match.

Gonzaga and St Marys are about 3-4 in their depth of game changers. BOTH teams can be beaten by SCU.

I agree!

I also submit to you this news article from 1985:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the latest numbers last night. I have no idea how they arrive at their figures but it seems really strange that SCU has consistently been ranked lower despite beating BYU twice. I was also shocked that for most of the season, Stanford had a higher ranking despite having no notable victories (that was prior to beating Arizona).

I wonder if KenPom credited BYU with a bunch of very close losses, particularly to Gonzaga and SMC. Even if that’s true, they still have no business being rated above SCU.

4 Likes

LOL - dyslexia strikes me again!