Week 7 Review:
- LMU with the big upset of SMC but couldn’t follow it up with a win over the Broncos.
- Broncos made a decisive move in to 3rd place and hold the tiebreaker vs. LMU.
- BYU w/ an 0-2 week after the Thurs loss to Pepp…may have been looking ahead to their Sat. game @ GU.
- SMC loss to LMU drops their lead to 1 game over GU and opens the door for GU to claim at least a tie; they play each other in Spokane in the last game of league play.
- Pepp wins their 2nd in a row; they’re a fairly talented but young group, are playing better and maybe no longer a pushover.
Week 8 Look-ahead:
Thurs. games: SCU@BYU; SMC@USD; GU@LMU; USF@Pacific. Byes: Pepp and Portland.
Sat. games: GU@Pepp; SCU@Portland; BYU@SMC; Pacific@LMU.
- Potential trap game Sat. for the Broncos @ Portland.
- A Bronco win Thurs. could lead to back-to-back 0-2 weeks w/ BYU@SMC on Saturday and guarantee a losing record for BYU in their final season in the WCC.
- Pacific@LMU Saturday may determine who ends up in 4th place between those 2 teams.
Standings After Week 7 and Torvik Predicted Final Record:
- SMC - 11-1 (14-2)
- GU - 12-2 (13-3)
- SCU - 7-5 (9-7)
- LMU - 7-6 (9-7)
- Pacific - 6-6 (7-9)
- BYU - 6-7 (8-8)
- USF - 5-8 (7-9)
- Portland - 5-8 (6-10)
- USD - 4-9 (5-11)
- Pepp - 2-11 (3-13)