Broncos in 2024 NBA Summer League

Dog days of summer…

Heads up on Broncos in the NBA summer league. Shorter sessions occurred over the last week in Sacramento, Bay Area and Salt Lake with a limited number of teams in each and shifted to the primary session in Las Vegas last night with all teams represented.
Podz is playing as is Keyshawn Justice w/ the Jazz with Jalen’s bro Cody.
And Parker Braun is w/ the Nuggets (and his brother). There may be someone else lurking on a summer league roster that I haven’t noticed.

Podz:
DNP’s on 7/6 and 7/7
7/10: 15pts, 4 assists and mad game winning FT’s in 28mins vs. Sacramento but rough shooting night: 1/6 from 3, 4/13 overall.

Justice:
7/8: DNP
7/9: 0pts, 6rebounds, 2 assists in 23mins, 0/7 from 3…needs to make his 3’s otherwise he’s not going anywhere.
DNP’s on 7/10 and 7/12

Braun: DNP on 7/12

And there is lots of WCC representation: Jamaree Bouyea with the Spurs, Timme and Jordan Ford with the Kings, Strawther w/ the Nuggets, Maxwell Lewis and Tommy Kuhse with the Lakers. Those are just the few I’ve noticed there are likely several others. Searching summer league rosters is hit/miss.

1 Like

Good night for both Podz and Justice.

Podz had 16pts, 7rebs, 6 assists, 3/6 from 3 in 26mins.
Justice didn’t play much, just 7 mins, but was efficient and productive…8pts, 2/3 from 3.

And I overlooked some obvious WCC guys in my initial post above…the recent draftees Watson and Mogbo. Both had solid outings in their 1st summer league games. Watson, 8pts on 4/7 shooting in 20mins. Mogbo scored just 2pts on 1 attempt but had 6rebs, 3 assists in 16mins.

Also noticed a couple of other WCC guys…Yauhen Massalski had 14 rebounds in 16mins for the Spurs squad playing along side his former USF teammate Bouyea; both were on the Spurs G-league squad last season and Bouyea was called up to the NBA squad for a handful of games. And Alex Ducas is on the Thunder roster but didn’t play tonight.

Off topic for Summer League but perhaps not worth its own thread: Ensminger is again competing for Germany in the FIBA U20 Eurobasket Tournament. The level of competition is relatively high with some really special players along with guys who would struggle to start on mid-major college teams.

Ensminger was identified as a potential breakout star:

Note that this list also includes future SCU opposing players for SMC (Lithuania) and Bradley (Iceland).

So far, he has done pretty well, leading Germany in efficiency, PPG, and assists across its first two games.

The predictions were accurate: In the win Against Czechia, Jake, in 20 minutes, was the high scorer (13) for Germany, and had 4/8 from 3, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals. Quite a performance.

1 Like

Update:

Podz:

• Sunday posted 21pts, 12rebounds, 7 assists (but also 7 TO’s), 4/8 from 3’s in 35 minutes.
  • DNP last night

Justice:

• On Monday had 9pts, 5 rebs, 1/3 on 3’s in 19mins against Drew Timme’s Kings; Timme had 19pts. 5rbs, 4 assists in 22mins.
  • Wednesday: 3pts on 1/3 from 3’s, 2rebs, 2assists, 2steals and block in 13mins.

Games continue through the weekend.