Game 2: Stanford

Looking great!

Tremendous night for WCC. San Diego also won at Nevada tonight

1 Like

Honestly I think SCU has more dunks tonight than they had in the past 2 seasons.

2 Likes

Pipes is on fire!!

Looks like the crowd filled in compared to the start of the game

2 Likes

Culture builds organically when you have great moments like this. Expect 2x the students at the next game.

5 Likes

Well boys and girls… televised, good home crowd, power conference opponent, and a win that was not stressful after the 5 minute mark in the 1st.

Relish this one… and bring on the wolfpack

4 Likes

Also… does Brown = Braun?

1 Like

Credit the guys, Herb, everyone.

That was fun. Go Broncos.

4 Likes

Great win!! Hopefully they can keep it going

3 Likes

Very impressive performance for so early in the year: great defense, passing, shooting, and taking care of the ball. They picked that zone apart after handling the man to man. I’ve seen plenty of lopsided losses to Stanford over the years; great to see the Broncos turn the tables!

3 Likes
1 Like

I truly don’t know what to say. There’s no point analyzing that. There are things to nitpick and I’m sure the coaches will. But a performance like that is just to be enjoyed by supporters. The players will be wishing their next game was tomorrow.

27 assists on 34 made field goals. 15 of 16 in the second half IIRC. I wonder if that’s a school record.

2 Likes

I was there tonight, and man, that was fun! The only other time I’ve seen students supporting and cheering the team like that was against Gonzaga! I’ve been attending most games since 2016, and by far, this was one of the best games I’ve attended (the other one was against USC when we beat them in overtime). I really hope that the team continues to play like that and students continue to show up to the games! GO BRONCOS!

7 Likes

Braun was a crucial component to the victory. He was running all over the place. The lane never got clogged when we had the ball . If he just plays with a high motor and keeps cutting then he will get his very valuable 8 to 12 points per game

Tongue has beautiful form on his shot. Very compact with a soft touch and good rotation. One of those shots that you expect to go in every time. Video clip of his 3 https://twitter.com/CoachZalaski31/status/1459376873775972355

3 Likes

Give Herb a lot of credit for lining up 2 transfers who give the 3 returning starters exactly what they needed - an extremely capable point guard and an active, versatile, big guy with good hands, quick feet and solid basketball IQ.

7 Likes