NIT Conference Tournament Watch

Good news: Norfolk St won to move on to conference championship game.

Montana St is down 6 at the half.

Montana St. with a narrow 3pt win to advance to finals tomorrow.

Itā€™s going to be real close.

honestly itā€™s close to 50/50ā€¦ if somehow SCU doesnā€™t get an NIT invite, can we at least agree to not play in the fake pay to play tourneys (those are beyond ridiculous)?

Good news: Long Beach St and New Mexico St both pull out close wins and advance to championship game of their respective conference.

As of this morningā€¦DRatings bumped SCU up to a projected #4 seed for NIT.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen us range from a 4-6. We should be in.

Not that I have followed NIT projections previously, but how close does Dratings come to projecting the actual fieldā€¦ i know there are a few NCAA tourney projections that are pretty spot on year after year. Just wonder how accurate these guys are with NIT?

Hey Bettererā€¦Your guess is as good as mine. I wasnā€™t even aware of the site until this season, due to the fact that we havenā€™t been relevant to the NIT discussion. Iā€™m sure you would agree in feeling more secure if these #1 seeds take care of business in their conference tournament finalā€¦Vermont, New Mexico St, Montana St, and Long Beach St to name a few.

Ivy champ Princeton just survived a close semifinal game vs. Cornell.

1 Like

Discussion on this topic from the three NIT projection sites weā€™ve mentioned, plus Rocco Miller, a ā€œbracketologistā€ with a real WCC soft spot (was just on Zack Farmerā€™s WCC podcast).

2 Likes

SWAC champ Alcorn St got blown out in their tourney final. Another NIT auto bid.

The good: Montana St. and New Mexico St won.
The bad: Long Beach St. lost.

Not bad evening.
Need Princeton to hold serve tomorrow.

I think weā€™re safely in.

92bronc - I agree. As of this morning, DRatings has us holding firm as a #4 seed and Barking Crow sees us in as well, but not as comfortably with a #6 seed. BC does have a few at large teams as #6 and #7 seeds, so not viewed as ā€œon the bubbleā€ with really only one game remaining that can impact an at large bidā€¦Princeton/Yale

I think we have a 90% chance of being selected, and 50% chance of hosting a 1st round game as a #4 seed.

Reminder to all: NIT selection show is on ESPNU tonight at 6pm PST.

GO BRONCOS!!

4 Likes

Princeton and Davidson lose so apparently more slots disappear. Hopefully these upsets donā€™t bounce us from the NIT.

Yes on Princeton, one more autobid slot for them.
Richmond was likely an NIT bid, similar seed as us, maybe a little lower. And Davidson should be safely an NCAA at-large so doesnā€™t create another NIT autobid. That said, Richmond making the NCAAā€™s does bump another bubble team down to NIT, theoretically bumping is down one slot.

Last nit bracket predictions still has us in

1 Like

Hoping itā€™s the Broncos vs Oregon.

Even betterā€¦Washington St. and Kyle Smith.

And in my backyard.