WCC Game 10: @USF

So far, I like the collective defensive play by our boys. On the offensive side, very little iso play, instead more passing and off-ball motion. I attribute that to Bal not being on the court.

3 Likes

There have been too many times this season where Jalen Benjamin looks more like a true freshman versus a graduate transfer.

Solid ball movement, moving their feet defensively and limiting Dons on offensive glass. Great start!!

1 Like

Not going to complain but surprises me USF isn’t more intentional about getting touches for Mogbo.

1 Like

Agreed…it’s bizarre.

The color commentator for USF’s broadcast team is painfully bad and ill prepared to do his job.

Great to see the team playing with intensity and intent.

1 Like

Ball movement is so much better when the Broncos don’t spend most of the shot clock with the rock in Bal’s hands at the top of the key. Much less of a sideways dribble show and much more quick passes

3 Likes

Hopefully, Bal is noticing that the team is better with more movement, less hero ball. It’s great to have “the guy” you go to in clutch moments. But this is so much better than most of the Bronco offense this season.

3 Likes

Agree w/ all on the ball movement…plus off ball player movement. Guys start to stand around when the ball sticks and we go w/ iso’s.

Broncos can’t come out complacent in the 2nd half. Dons will surely get more touches for Mogbo. And Broncos need to continue to rebound well…have to put a body on Mogbo because he can kill you on the glass and that could get him going.

2 Likes

Mogbo heating up. Maybe try packing it in with a zone D. USF is obviously trying to iso Mogbo

Is it just me or do you actually allow Ensminger to play guard since that’s actually his true position and we are having to count on JB?

That said, he’s on par with our Caruso. Pasarelli is really good, and Caruso is young but its obvious that calling a game is not his true calling

Jacob passes and handles well but I just don’t think he has the quickness to consistently guard guys like Beasley, Williams, Thomas and offense he’ll have have a hard time penetrating with a quicker guy guarding him…that’s less obvious when he’s being guarded by bigs and forwards.

I JUST CALLED A UFC FIGHT HOLY WHAT IN THE WORLD.

I cannot believe this.

Should be 1 ejection

They ejected Tilly for throwing a towel???

1 Like

What a mess.
I didn’t see Jalen do anything.
And USF’s Williams was the worst offender as he ran over after the Tongue foul and knocked over Cam from the side.

McEldon might need to play to take some fouls.

Our backcourt is super thin…going to have to play Ensminger for at a least the few mins at the 1 or 2.

2 Likes

The ONLY person who should’ve been ejected was HAWTHORNE for hitting Cam from behind when Cam was getting back up!!! Nobody else should’ve been tossed. That was ALL Hawthorne!!! Number 3 is one who did hit. Commentator so stupid he said it was Williams.

Update: Got home found the skirmish on YouTube and played in slow motion. This angle is much better. It WAS Williams who came up and hit Cam from behind forcing Cam to trip and fall over the SF player who was down. (So commentator got it right).

As for the “screen”. Cam literally turned around slammed into San Fran player who was dropping down. It was a collision. No moving screen. Nothing. Foul was called. Guys were heading back down floor and 55 just took it on himself to hard hit Cam from behind.

And if coming off bench warrants an ejection. Both teams entire rosters should’ve been tossed. Looked like both benches were pretty much cleared.

4 Likes

I think Hawthorne was on the floor. I think Williams was the one who roughed Cam from behind

1 Like

And back on Dior Lowhorn…my god is he a horrible commentator. Amateurish hack. A high school kid could do better.

7 Likes