WCC Tourney Game 2: vs. SMC

We’ve got to avoid the final four minutes (of 1st half) letdown…it’s happened too often this year.

1 Like

Can’t help off the strong side corner on drives when you’re guarding a shooter in the corner (Ducas).

1 Like

Bal is playing horribly

2 Likes

I agree with Buckets on Bal. Is it just me or does Bal look gassed?

1 Like

Sloppy ball handling/passing leading to turnovers and not guarding the one guy killing us is the issue. Slow down and D up!

1 Like

Bal is killing us. We need to get Marshall back in.

2 Likes

Hammond has played well this first half.

1 Like

We were tied 23-23 when I posted this…and in true-to-form, we let our opponent enter halftime with a substantial lead.

Anything we get from Hammond offensively is a bonus.
I’ve liked Hammond’s D all season, moves his feet below and provides more length than Benjamin and did a great job jumping the passing lane on the press and getting the easy bucket.

Saxen and Marciulionis each with 2 fouls…have to go at those two in the 2nd half, life get’s easier for us when one or both aren’t on the floor.

Obviously need to guard Ducas tighter, but regardless, he won’t make six 3’s in the 2nd half.

1 Like

The positive is with the way we have played and with Bal looking terrible and the way Ducas is shooting we could easily be down by 20. So to be down single digits gives us chance…albeit small one.

1 Like

Where has this kind of defense been the entire year? We might actually be on the bubble if we could bring that every night. Only exception of course is sticking someone on Ducas and letting literally anyone else make a shot.

Bal needs to slow down and not try to win this game by himself. Would like to see if they can attack the basket and draw an early 3rd foul on either or both of SMC’s bigs to start the second half.

5 Likes

Just happened to Saxen

I’ll given Benjamin some credit, despite his penchant to dribble out-of-control at time, he does seem to draw fouls.

It looks like Bal, Marshall, and I don ‘t know why, Benjamin think this an NBA combine game vs a WCC chance to get to the finals. What - we don’t guard Ducas - unbelievable…
Bal is forcing shots and no ball movement. Benjamin is just heads down driving into bigs and corners with no place to go…. Mind boggling the lack of preparation in our 3rd meeting. Other than Ducas St. Mary’s is not shooting good.
We are so Lucky to be only down 7…
The “I” in team is rearing its ugly head…

2 Likes

This blows. Every year.

1 Like

Between the women’s game and this game, March 11, 2024 is quickly becoming Black Monday

3 Likes

When Marshall came out and Bal blew the game up with what seemed like 5 straight wasted positions, there wasn’t a chance we were coming back

5 Likes

This is total BS. Number 25 is playing whack a mole and Cam is playing the inside alone and tough. Everyone needs to come in and just go gangbusters. Appreciate those who have supported his journey. Best wishes to a Broncos brighter future.

1 Like

I’ll try to look at a bright side: Christian Hammond looks much better than I ever thought he could be.

11 Likes

Second bright side… Bal will be coming back

6 Likes

It’s been Marshall and Hammond tonight and that’s about it. Quite frankly, nobody else has played well at all. Defensively and on the glass this half…Awful!!

2 Likes