WCC Transfers

I thought he used his additional year 3 years ago!

6 Likes

Similar to Drew Timme, seems like Keli Leaupepe has been around forever, however this was only his 4th year at LMU

1 Like

He may have only been there for 4 years, but that haircut makes it seem like heā€™s been around for a couple decades.

3 Likes

Speaking of Leaupepeā€¦his brother, Corey, at Menlo College is as good or better, gave us some trouble in our game against them. He seems like a prime grad transfer candidate up to a D1 squad. Could see him land at a WCC or other mid-major. Or could easily start for a Big West / Big Sky squad.
Iā€™d love to have him but barring an exodus, weā€™re already overloaded with bigs; suspect our focus will be wings and guards.

2 Likes

Not a WCC transfer but another guard we offered out of high school. Had a pretty good game against us in Stanfordā€™s loss at Leavey last year.

1 Like

Isa went to my HS, Jesuit Sacramento.

I am surprised to see he is leaving considering Andrej Stojakovic (son of Peja of Sac Kings fame) is also coming to Stanford next year from Jesuit Sacramentoā€¦ and is a 5* recruit, mcdonalds all-american.

Maybe he wants to stay in county!

A relationship and familiarity is already there so wouldnā€™t surprise me if we pursued him.

But production in his two seasons has been modestā€¦3.3pts/game in ~13mins/game. Limited sample size but 3pt shooting has been good at 40%. Might be a good fit as a combo guard along side Stewart or as first guard off the bench with the green light to let it fly from 3.

1 Like

Ethan Anderson is a decent get for Pepperdine. Pepp had a hole to fill at point guard with Mike Mitchellā€™s departure.
Was formerly at USC with Tahj and was an off/on starter. Transferred this past season to Wyoming and I believe was one multiple USC transfers at Wyoming who left mid-season.

Since he started at Utah and transferred to St Marys, wonā€™t he have to sit out a year, or is there an exemption for Grad transfers?

6-1 guard, 41.4% from 3ā€™s, 2.2 assists. Two years of eligibility remaining w/ free COVID year.

You still get the grad transfer exception if you get your degree. So one ā€œfreeā€ transfer before you get your degree and one more after your degree is obtained. Not sure if the whole ā€œnew school must have a program not offered at previous schoolā€ rule still applies to grad transfers. But that was pretty much meaningless anyways, so itā€™s not like itā€™s much of a barrier even if still on the books.

1 Like

Slew of WCC transfer and commitments news below. Solid upgrade for Mike Mitchell Jr. landing at Minnesota. Meadows transferring inside conference to LMU; heā€™s an LA kid so makes some sense.

And Chance Stephens - LMU frosh guard, entered the portal.

Moses Wood from Portland entered the portal.

šŸšØPortland forward Moses Wood will enter the portal

Wood averaged 15.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists on 45/40/84 shooting splits

Really good player, big time talent pic.twitter.com/XGIk9NsfwU

ā€” Tobias Bass (@tobias_bass) March 29, 2023

Wood is big loss for Portland; their most talented player IMO. Was 2nd team All-WCC but 1st team talent, Portlandā€™s mediocrity kept him off 1st team.
I doubt we pursue but Iā€™d love to have him to replace Justice at the 3. Long, fairly athletic (more so than Justice), efficient scorer, solid rebounder. I suspect heā€™ll have mid/low level Power 6 and good mid-major interestā€¦someone will be lucky to have him IMO.

2 Likes

Dom Harris leaving GU. Was 4-star out of HS, hurt 2021/22 season, seemed to be in Fewā€™s doghouse this season, barely played outside of garbage time.
But talented player; heā€™ll land somewhere solid.

Holt to Sac State. Theyā€™re often on our schedule, will be interesting if we face him in the future.
Glad he found a landing spot, hope he has a great couple of years there.

5 Likes

Gonzagaā€™s Hunter Sallis is leaving. That one surprises me. Got some time off the bench this year and figured his role would increase next year for them. Former 5-star recruit. Curious to see where he lands