WCC Transfers

Happy for Holt. Look forward to seeing him blossom there.

Sallis surprises me as well.
Was their best perimeter defender, played a fair amount and had solid game vs. UCLA in the tourney and helped them win that in the 2nd half when their starting guards were stinking it up.
Malachi Smith could return for a 5th (or 6th???) season but that’s uncertain, Bolton is out of eligibility, Strawther is likely to turn pro, Dom Harris has just transferred, and Nolan Hickman played horrible in the tourney and was their weak link during the season so his PT is less than secured. Seemed like an open door for Sallis to step in to the starting line-up.

He was a pretty highly rated recruit out of HS and suspect he’ll have some P6 and good mid-major (ie- SDSU) interest but i would still throw our hat in the ring and go after him. An elite defender on par with Jalen, perimeter shot is still a work in progress but adquate ball handler, can attack the rim and great in the open court.

2 Likes

I agree. Getting an elite perimeter defender would help plug this squad’s most persistent hole.

1 Like

Mike Meadows, former Portland Pilot guard, committed to LMU.

1 Like
3 Likes

I guess we are hoarding 7-footers now

1 Like

Would rather hoard 7 footers than 5 footers. We needed another 5 man with Bediako leaving. Tilly should be very good, but don’t know if you want to rely on an unknown frosh as the only other real big man. Unless they plan on smaller lineups with Parker at the 5

3 Likes

Averaged 2 points and under 2 rebounds last year. Hopefully he was playing with a broken ankle or something.

2 Likes

Didn’t know he still had eligibility left.